This easy homemade treat is a firm favourite.
- 275g unrefined caster sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 1 x 227g tub Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Grease and baseline a 20cm tin.
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to boil until the temperature reaches 116 °C / 240 °F. If you do not have a thermometer, you can see if the fudge is ready by dropping a little into a cup of cold water. If a soft ball is formed, it is ready.
- Remove from the heat and beat until the mixture becomes thick, a little grainy and more matt, this could take up to 10 minutes.
- Pour into the tin and leave for 30 minutes. Mark into squares with a knife and leave until set. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.