This stunning duck recipe makes a proper winter’s feast. Sticky, sweet with a rich depth of flavour.
1 whole duck
1 stick of celery
2 carrots, quartered
2 small parsnips, quartered
1 bulb garlic, halved
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
FOR THE GLAZE
2 tbsp marmalade
1 tsp dijon mustard
A few sprigs of thyme
Salt and pepper
Half tsp honey
1. Combine the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl.
2. Season the duck inside and out. Place the vegetables in a roasting tin and mix with the salt, pepper, butter, wholegrain mustard and balsamic vinegar.
3. Place the duck on top of the vegetables and then generously brush on the glaze.
4. Pre heat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and roast the duck for 30 minus per kilo. If the glaze starts to catch, cover with tin foil.
5. Remove from the oven and allow the duck to rest for 20 mins.
6. Once rested, remove the duck from the tray and return the veg to the oven to come up to heat while you carve the bird. Place the vegetables on a serving plate with the duck, place the roasting pan over a medium heat until the juices begin to boil. Whisk in a knob of butter and spoon over the carved duck.
Looking for more duck recipes?